The event takes place on April 15 and 16, 2011, at Des Moines Marriott Downtown in Des Moines, Iowa, and is free to gunsmiths and exhibitors. Prospective employers and gunsmiths will gather to network. Bring your resume and talk to “big names” in the industry – manufacturers, custom shops, retailers, service centers.
The gathering is not limited to a simple job fair, there will also be valuable seminars that will enhance a gunsmith’s ability to choose a direction and make a good living in the trade. Seminars range from advancing your career in the gunsmithing profession to starting or expanding a gunsmithing business. Some topics include:
- Am I Gunsmithing or Manufacturing and Marking Variances & When are They Required: the Firearms Technology Branch of the ATF
- Essential Components of A Business Plan: Tom Shay of Profits Plus
- Professional Techniques On Gunsmithing Guns: Ron Power of Grand Master LLC
- Communicating With the Public: Getting Your Message Across: Reid Coffield
- Finding Your Niche in the Industry: Sharon Dressel of Dressels
Keynote speaker Ron Power will also address attendees on Responsible, Professional Gunsmith Opportunities. The BATF will be on hand to answer questions.
You can see the full seminar schedule at gunsmithcareerfair.com